Rites of Passage
RITES OF PASSAGE CEREMONIES
- To everything there is a season
- A time for every purpose under the sun.
- A time to be born and a time to die;
- A time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
- A time to kill and a time to heal …
- A time to weep and a time to laugh;
- A time to mourn and a time to dance …
- A time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
- A time to lose and a time to seek;
- A time to rend and a time to sew;
- A time to keep silent and a time to speak;
- A time to love ……a time for peace……….Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
In the spirit of healing and celebration our ancestors left behind so many sacred rituals for us in these modern times to continue to re-create.
As we partake of these ceremonies they play a vital role in uplifting our inner awareness, honoring and upholding our spirituality as we come together to participate with our families and friends in the sacred healing energies and their purpose of acknowledging completing old cycles and beginning new ones. These passages take on many varied expressions and are ways in which we can choose to commemorate meaningfully the energies they bring to our Spirit nature, each other, our communities and most importantly the acknowledgement they represent to our Creator and Divine Source of all life.
SOME RITES OF PASSAGES CEREMONIES
- Birth / Baptism / Naming ~ How wonderful to welcome the Holy Spirit’s presence in a new born to your family or in a Naming ceremony, also to celebrate adopting a child no matter the age in this sacred way so loved ones and friends can welcome them into their hearts and minds. What a beautiful way to create support and a true sense of participation and belonging.
- Transition/Healing and celebration of a loved one ~ Creating a sacred celebration thru ceremony to bring healing and recognition to the energies and gifts the person contributed to all the lives they shared and touched. This can be very helpful in supporting the grieving process of those most affected by the absence of their loved one, learning to look at death and redefine it in a different and new light to which many release old out dated fears and false beliefs around death and dying embracing through this rite of passage insights that bring a more truthful, sacred and liberating way of understanding how to create a different way to continue the relationship with loved ones in Spirit.
- Transition/Healing from a Divorce ~ This ceremony can do wonders for those who want to look on the brighter side of healing and completing a sacred marital contract between two souls and offspring that has been fulfilled, especially when one is feeling at a loss or in fear of being single once again and when children are involved. This rite of passage provides for the individuals or family to openly acknowledge the choices that now bring a different way of being and living. The ceremony lends itself to peaceful dialogue, in prayerful meditative ways with each other, focusing on the higher aspects of Spirit in their lives during times of adjustment ahead. This ceremony can help restore a certain amount of respect and dignity within oneself and the family unit for engaging a higher purpose to have its presence and positive attitude in their relationships.
- Coming of Age Rites of Passage ~ Adolescent/Puberty, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, First Communion, Confirmation, Secular coming of age ceremonies for non-religious youngsters who choose a rite of passage comparable to the traditional religious ceremonies,Sweet fifteen/Sixteen, Adulthood, Graduation High school College.
- All these passages mark a time of shifting one’s perspectives and treating self in a manner of purposeful reinforcement of identity, higher purpose and vision. What better way than to first honor your traditional religious initiation rites and then to build further on the occasion with the sacred energies suited for these NOW times. A setting that contributes to a meaningful expression of who they are spiritually at this cycle in their lives, one that is meaningful and liberating with modern choreography ceremoniously facilitated bringing deep insights of your daughters and sons unique personalities as it pertains to their Spirit path and sacred vision of their life purpose the energies to which they were born to make their contribution.
- Midlife Celebration ~ Celebrating stepping into the wisdom years of Saging, 50th,60th birthday celebrations with a spiritual rite of passage ceremony to go along with the festivities. A way of recognizing it is not about aging but saging and a point in one’s life filled with greater promise being better equipped, more conscious to contribute to ones life and community at this opportune cycle in expressing ones wisdom.
- Anniversaries of all kinds ~ Celebrations which bring a deep sense of well being and importance to create a ceremony befitting the intention and occasion for spiritual alignment and invocation interjecting the festivities with a depth and wellspring of positive vibrations.
- Home, Office, Livlication Blessing ~ When moving into a new home or Office location, opening a business, this can be a most sacred way to bring everyone together to support the new energies and positive intentions to unite in setting the tone moving forward with a rite of passage that invites spirited and hearty celebration, adding such vibrancy creating an imprint for this happy time, to be the foundation to which everyones blessings,love, joy and wisdom joins together and grows from this activation from strength to strength.
Contact Jody 305-757-8994 Ceremonies vary a consultation is necessary in order to identify what would best serve your needs and theme.